Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12706) Events framework

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12706) Events framework
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:20:05 -0700

Hello,

It has been decided to use Lua. It works, and several other games use
it. IIRC EA even made it standard for their games, and other open source
games like Angband use it.

I have been mucking around with this the last two days, trying to
implement an event system. I have got a standalone rough prototype here
which does most of the base type system we need, some basic modules and
preliminary signal support (still without argument passing).

I am attaching what I got to this post just for safekeeping. It is not
safe for public consumption yet. If you still want to try to compile it
anyway, you need lua and tolua 5.0.x installed.

The in progress reference design is at:
http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Events_specification