Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12873) OR Requirements for Buildings

To: vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12873) OR Requirements for Buildings
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:05:10 -0700

> [bhudson - Mon Apr 25 03:08:51 2005]:

> More ambitiously, a syntax I could see:
>         reqs := "reqs = {" reqlist "}"
>         reqlist := reqitem reqlist | reqitem
>         reqitem := requirement | reqoperator
>         reqoperator := '(' | ')' | 'and' | 'not' | 'or'
>         requirement := ...

The question is: what does this add to gameplay, and what does it take
away?  I've already listed a few reasons why I think it could hurt
gameplay (more complicated rules confuse AI and human players).  For
anyone in favor of a full logical system for reqs, can you say what it
will give us that outweighs this?

-jason