Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12873) OR Requirements for Buildings

To: vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12873) OR Requirements for Buildings
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:42:18 -0700

OK now what I actually think: "or" requirements for buildings are not
necessary.

1.  This is only used for hydro plant in the main rulesets.  This is
because civ2 did it that way.  I think this is not a crucial piece of
civ2 compatibility.

2.  It is not crucial for modpacks.  The same results can be simulated
simply by using multiple buildings.

3.  Complex logic makes things exponentially more complicated
(complexity is 2^n instead of n).  The main places this is a problem are
the helptext (we'd need long strings explaining the requirements, and
the users would get confused) and the AI (the AI would never be able to
deal with complex expressions).

-jason