Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8890) Removal of free city center

Cc: miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8890) Removal of free city center
From: "James Canete" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:02:42 -0700

I could try removing the huge food bonus, as of version 5 of this patch
the food bonus is just a side effect of me raising the minimum food
production of the city center (in the ruleset) to 4, so I could get rid
of the bonus out-of-nowhere food.

Changing it to 2 isn't a good option, as it would mean a city would need
to have a 3 food tile somewhere around it just so it would be able to grow.

3 is an option, but it would mean any city would take 20 turns to grow.

Or I could put back in the bonus out-of-nowhere food, perhaps reduced to
1 food.

I think this patch is best played with a fixed-size foodbox of say 20.
The workers might also help if the minimum city center food production
is 2, since they can find a tile and irrigate it up to 3.

-James Canete