Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8890) Removal of free city center

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8890) Removal of free city center
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:54:14 -0700

Per wrote:

>I will not argue whether this is a good feature or not, but this effect is
>apparently quite intentional from the way it is coded. You do not get an
>irrigation on the tile where you found the city, you get an irrigation
>bonus _as if_ you had irrigation there.

I guess my memory must be failing then.  In any case, I would argue that it
is a misfeature, and should be disabled at least for the purpose of this
patch.

BTW, I agree that the Civ3 style foodbox is too small, and a change of the
increment to 5 would be much better.

Mike Jing

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up – now 3 months FREE!