Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8890) Removal of free city center

To: use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8890) Removal of free city center
From: "rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:13:05 -0700

Please make sure the prototype food increments in any final patch is a
ruleset option and the Freeciv default remains (hopefully default).

Such changes to the way the game plays need lots of discussion as many
gameplay algorithms depend on such things in subtle ways that have been
tweaked over time. The optional approach however gets around a lot of
this as those that want to can experiment with the new over time and
not disturb those that prefer the established playmodes.

Cheers,
RossW
=====

James Canete wrote:

[...]
> I also took the liberty of making the foodbox follow the civ 3
> progression in both patches just for testing purposes.
>
> -James Canete

Cheers,
RossW
=====