[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:36:35 -0800

I've been having a hunt for fonts that we could use with the FS
client.  There doesn't seem to be much about unfortunately, but have
a look at these:

http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2106
http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2265

They're Windows Truetype fonts and they've been released under the GPL
which is the most important factor really.

The site www.1001fonts.com is really good, lots of content and
excellent search facilities.  Most of the fonts are designated
'Freeware' which seem to mean a lot of things.  Not sure if that's
good enough for our purposes.

The above are the only suitable fonts I could find that were GPL, but
maybe someone else could have a look around and find something I
missed?

I guess there's also the possibilty of e-mailing the author of any
particular font that we like and hope that they might be willing to
GPL it.

I'd really appreciate it if any of you want to have a look for a
decent GPL font, I don't want to get too far into designing layouts
only to discover I have to resize everything to fit the default font.
 My current layout font isn't nice enough really.

     -Morgan