[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:59:57 -0800

> The screenshot comes out fine on my LCD display. The grey could be a
> shade lighter though. The font used is also tiny, small and hard to
> discern. Can another fontsize be used or selected in the client?

The font will be selectable.  The font in the graphics I've been
posting was just one I had on hand and I haven't changed it yet
because we haven't decided on a suitable and freely distributable
font for a default yet.  Any suggestions woulld be most helpful.

> My only question is what happend to the citizen bar at the bottom?
> Has it been removed?

Yes it's been removed.  Raimar and I agreed that the space that it
took up was more valuable for other things and it didn't need to be
visble all the time.  It's been replaced by the 'Citizens' section on
the left panel which is a numerical rather than graphical
representation of the citizen bar.

The full citizen bar will still be available on the 'Happiness' tab of
the city-popup GUI.  I haven't designed this yet.

     -Morgan
 Cheers,

> Thomas (CapTVK)

Regards