[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:58:22 -0800

A minor update:

ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/City-Worklist11.png

> The tabs should have a few pixel space right and bottom to the
> screen border.

Done.

> Can you try to replace the shadowed text in the tab titles? While
> simple text is too plain maybe bold may solve this.

Due to limited space on these tabs I've decided that images are the
only way to go.  Haven't got any I like yet so at the moment the tabs
are blank.

> i think the background of rulers (teh 1 pixel grey-black changing)
> isn' very nice, and maybe it looks ugly on LCD displays (cannot try
it
> now, just guessing). Maybe a bit more "smooth"? The ruler itself and
the
> up/down arrow for it should be more similar in style i think, eg a
bit
> less dithered ruler?

The background of the sliders has been redesigned to a much simpler
and IMO much nicer look.  Hope you agree.

I haven't changed the slider itself at all mainly because now I think
it looks much better with the better background.  And also because
these things are really difficult to draw (keeping in consideration
that they have to be able to be resized easily really limits the
dither and design possibilities), and this the only one I've come up
with so far that looks decent.

You're right, it could be more similar in style to the arrows but
everything I've tried so far hasn't worked.  I'm sure it'll do for
now.

I've started converting the GUIs that I've layed out so far.  I 'll
probably post them late tomorrow.

     -Morgan