[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:46:38 -0800

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 09:33:13PM -0800, Morgan Jones wrote:

> OK here's the latest version of the GUI style/layout/:
>
> ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/City-Worklist10.png

Moved to ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/graphics/Morgan-FS/

> Changes:
>
> - The cyan/teal dither suggested by Raimar is used, with one smooth
> dither covering the whole page rather than different ones for
> different panels.
>
> - Removed some lines, effectively joining the left and top panels.
> This helps make the pages on the right look more seperate.
>
> - Rounded out a few corners.
>
> - Unselected tabs now have a nice dither too.
>
> - Lists have a slight grey dither on them.
>
> - Text buttons replaced with image buttons.  I think this not only
> looks nicer but will help save translation space problems as the text
> for a button can show up as a tooltip.
>
> I'm pretty happy with how this looks.  The only thing that I might
> change at this stage is to replace the words on the page selection
> tabs with images.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions before I start converting all the other
> layouts?  I'm off surfing tomorrow so I won't be able to do any
> updates for a week, so that should give you some time to mull it
> over.

The tabs should have a few pixel space right and bottom to the screen
border.

Can you try to replace the shadowed text in the tab titles? While
simple text is too plain maybe bold may solve this.

Overall I like it.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  "With a PC, I always felt limited by the software available.