[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:22:59 -0800

>>> I think it looks nice. What about using really only one gradient
>>> instead of 3? Maybe this looks even better.
>>>
>>>     Raimar
>>
>> Yeah it's not too bad. I'm not quite sure what you mean by 1
>> gradient instead of 3. Are you meaning that only one panel is
>> gradiated (which one?) and the others left monochrome or do you
>> mean that the entire picture has the same gradient (all three
>> panels, excluding the lists)?
>
> The latter.
>
>     Raimar

OK.  The one dither only version is uploaded as

1) ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/Dithertest2a.png

It's quite nice but IMO it the changable pages lose a bit of
'seperateness' they don't look like they'll change when you click a
page tab.  So I've posted some alternatives:

2)  ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/Dithertest2b.png

Same as 1 but dither is darker.  I think this works better when
dithering across the whole picture.

3) ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/Dithertest2c.png

Has two cyan dithers:  Horizontal on the left and top panel and a
vertical on the right panel.

4)  ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/Dithertest2d.png

As 3 but the right panel has a vertical grey dither.

5)  ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/Dithertest2e.png

As 4 but with the colours swapped.

6)  ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/Dithertest2f.png

As 4 but the grey dither is horizontal too, though in the reverse
direction (same direction looked really ugly).

At the moment I like 4 and 6 the best.

     -Morgan