[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] chatline

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] chatline
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:40:09 -0800

> I have now also finished the chatline. A simple version which pops
> up when you press Return (I will use Enter for new turn). It sends
> the content when you press Return a second time. Escape closes the
> chatline. Missing is a history.
>
> Pictures: http://freeciv.org/~rfalke/fs3_pics/chatline/
>
> Attached is the config file for the pictures.
>
>     Raimar

That white transparency look is really starting to win me over.  Very
nice.

Why not use the Esc key to both open and close the chatline?  This
seems intuitive to me and there quite a few programs (admittedly
Amiga ones) that use this.  Saves on enter/return confusion and we
don't seem to use Esc for anything else.

It might be worthwhile adding a small button for it somewhere on the
Main GUI.  I'll look at that when I next update it.

The only minor things I can think of is the ability to change the
cursor colour and maybe blink speed.

     -Morgan