[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:41:35 -0800

Here's the first version of the Main GUI updated to the new
style/look:

ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/Main1.1.png

It shows the 'Map', 'Nation', and 'Cities' pages.  In case you're
wondering the remaining three pages I'm intending to be the 'Units',
'Science' and 'Players'.

I should explain the four buttons on the right of the 'Map' page.  The
top one is the 'Turn Done' button, the next opens the Reports screen
(where all the large versions of the reports are accessable), the
third brings up the chat/command input, and the bottom one I'm
intending to open up a 'Game Control' screen.  This screen would have
all the Options, Message Options, View Options, and other stuff like
logging and load/save/quit, etc.

I'm not entirely sure I like the tax sliders.  I will probably
redesign these at some point.  Also the green 'Turn Done' button
doesn't work too well.  I might make it red like the Revolution
button or maybe it should just be grey?

Thoughts and comments?

     -Morgan