[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Morgan Jones" <morgan.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 04:16:23 -0800

> Wasn't there the idea that different screens have different
> (background) color?

I thought the idea was to a basic background colour and elements such
as list headers and progress bars would provide a bit of colour.  In
the City Popup I used Green and in the Main GUI I used blue.

> The "top" of the message area and the city list looks a lot like ms
> windows(tm).

Erk.  I hardly ever use windows so I wouldn't really know what it
looks like all that much.

I used a similar idea for the worklist headers (green instead of
blue).  How come you didn't think this with them?  Is it the blue?

So maybe keep the green consistent and change the background dither
instead?  The major problem with this is that it's going to use up a
LOT of pens if every GUI has a different dither.
> users may expect that they can move these.

I can see that this might be a problem.  I'll try insetting rather
than raising.  That should help.

     -Morgan