[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7127) [FS] Screen design
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:17:50 -0800

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 02:41:35AM -0800, Morgan Jones wrote:

> Here's the first version of the Main GUI updated to the new
> style/look:
>
> ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/Main1.1.png
>
> It shows the 'Map', 'Nation', and 'Cities' pages.  In case you're
> wondering the remaining three pages I'm intending to be the 'Units',
> 'Science' and 'Players'.
>
> I should explain the four buttons on the right of the 'Map' page.  The
> top one is the 'Turn Done' button, the next opens the Reports screen
> (where all the large versions of the reports are accessable), the
> third brings up the chat/command input, and the bottom one I'm
> intending to open up a 'Game Control' screen.  This screen would have
> all the Options, Message Options, View Options, and other stuff like
> logging and load/save/quit, etc.
>
> I'm not entirely sure I like the tax sliders.  I will probably
> redesign these at some point.  Also the green 'Turn Done' button
> doesn't work too well.  I might make it red like the Revolution
> button or maybe it should just be grey?
>
> Thoughts and comments?

Wasn't there the idea that different screens have different
(background) color?

The "top" of the message area and the city list looks a lot like ms
windows(tm). First there is copyright. Second users may expect that
they can move these.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman