Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cheating

To: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cheating
From: Rafal Bursig <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:17:54 +0200

Dnia 2003.04.25 10:28, Mark Metson napisał(a):

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Rafal Bursig wrote:

> about cheating... client has access to tile units stack.
> I don't know if this is correct functionality (IMHO not) but you can
> see all enemy units in this tile (client block this info).
> Server should check if units in tile belong to player or allied
> player and if true then send all "stack" info but if not then send only
> first units info.

Now THAT would be useful functionality. I've often wished I could look
at what was in an enemy stack. If I'd known my client had that info on
hand I'd have been thinking of making a custom client long ago... ;-)

There is no problewm with usefull or useless functionality, simple all players in game must have the same info about game universe. If only your client will show this info then this is cheat.

Rafal

Ponad 100 tysiecy facetow szukajacych przyjaciolki, kochanki, zony, dziewczyny... Czekamy! >>> http://link.interia.pl/f170e