[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Diplomacy

To: Ross Wetmore <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Diplomacy
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:55:40 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Ross Wetmore wrote:
> You should require Writing to exchange Embassies.

Agreed. There should be a new tech flag for this.

> It should also be a mutual exchange.

That should be left up to the players involved, surely. Common courtesy
would mandate an exchange of embassies between players, but different
situations may arise that can be handled inside the game inside of being
forced to be done in one prescribed way by the rules.

(Eg the Vorlons would never have accepted a human ambassador...)

> Can you terminate it? It is auto-terminated when war is declared?

Embassies cannot be terminated in any civ game I know of.

  - Per