[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Re: Re: Diplomacy

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Re: Re: Diplomacy
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:57:39 +0100

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 11:29:25AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Christian Knoke wrote:
>
> > >- You can give away an embassy to the other player as part of the
> > > diplomatic meeting.
> > >- Shared vision requires an embassy.
> >
> > I think, two embassies should be required for alliance, maybe peace, too.
>
> Alliance, ok. Peace should be possible without, I think.

Thank you, now I have more questions:

if (embassy or contact), that means I have full intelligence AND treaties?
Or is intelligence restricted somehow (that makes it more complicated)?
And what about giveaway of techs, cities, gold?

I take it, when I have contact, I can give away an embassy, but with
diplomats, I can still *reclaim* it. I cannot *buy* an embassy. An embassy
cannot be redrawn. Right?

As Davide pointed out, shouldn't this thing be restricted to tech "writing"?

It annoys me that, when I have contact, I'm urged to call F3-intelligence
in that very round to get the information. I want to be able to take insight
later (at any time), with a tag, that the information is outdated.

I'd prefer your proposal to Davide's now, because it is simpler, but
we'll need some playing to see if it comes right. There is always room for
improvement ;-)

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/