[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Single-player Freeciv notices

To: Stepan Roh <stepan@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Single-player Freeciv notices
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21:36:58 +0100

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 06:31:45PM +0100, Stepan Roh wrote:

> > > OK, I lied. Damn me. Really last one:
> > >
> > > - after dimplomat/spy investigates the city, it should be possible to
> > > reopen that city window in the same turn without spy entering the city
> > > again
> >
> > ... by clicking on that city?
>
> Yes.

That's a good point which would improve the game on many points.

Example is the moving of enemy units.
If an enemy unit moved through your visible range it vanishes. But i
think there should be something like a marker at the spot where the unit
was seen the last time (unit, % HP, number of round ago last seen.)

But the freeciv way is: Don't show to much to the user anything that
could be wrong. (Ok you don't see the changes of Land in fog of war
area)

Problem for freeciv is that the information for AI cities isn't changing
during the playerturn. (perhaps the workerallocation changes because of
enemy units over the tiles) But thats not correct for freeciv. Think of
AI-autoattack, other players who kill units in the city. And there
shouldn't be any difference between multiplayer and singleplayer games.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nur weil das Aufzeichnen, Kopieren und Schnüffeln bei elektronischem