[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Single-player Freeciv notices

To: Freeciv Developers List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Single-player Freeciv notices
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 19:24:49 +0100

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 02:30:50PM +0100, Thomas Strub wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 01:33:00PM +0100, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 01:16:49PM +0100, Stepan Roh wrote:

> > > - minimap in the city window with highlighted city position could be
> > > useful
> >
> > Not sure with this one. We could mark the city position in the Toplevel
> > window minimap.
>
> Toplevel isn't that good idea because you can open _many_ citywindows.

You can mark position of each city whose window is open.

> > > - deleting units from worklist is very unintuitive (double-clicking) -
> > > drag&drop or classic <-, -> buttons may be improvement
> >
> > We have tried ...
>
> It should be posibble to copy worklists in an easy way.

Yes.

> > > - it should be possible to sort cities according to production
> > > (numerically) and not only according to text in column "Surplus F/P/T"
> >
> > This is in work I think.
>
> Thing that is in cvs.

Unfortunately not. Patches are around for over a year now.

> > > - colorized messages (color based on message importance)
> >
> > Problem is what is important - this changes over the game.
>
> Importand are only messages from other players. (*g*) The rest isn't
> that important.

Hhm. Black: My own messages (about cities, units, fights ..., all things
I probably be aware of or have filtered into the mesage window anyway.
Green: Chatting     Red: Messages about other players, wonders ...

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/