[Freeciv-Dev] Re: RFC: new implementation of island numbering

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: RFC: new implementation of island numbering
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:56:54 -0500

There is nothing wrong with letting the server do the *correct* thing even
if the client does not have enough knowledge to do it. This insures that
the game state is stable for all cases.

If the client figures out that his knowledge is incomplete by picking up
on such effects, then more power to him/her. Afterall, this is just another
way of exploring.

You have half the solution, just take it all the way.

Cheers,
RossW
=====