[Freeciv-Dev] Re: RFC: new implementation of island numbering

To: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: RFC: new implementation of island numbering
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:19:18 +0100

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 02:27:08PM +0100, Davide Pagnin wrote:

> I think that some effects are 'client' side.
> (Like Hoover Dam or JS Bach)
> You, the owner, should know that they are on the same island, and thus
> we can discuss if server should let us know this or not.

I think the proper criterion is: you, the owner, should be able to draw
power cables.  So I'd expect it to work for all the cities that the owner
knows how to reach over land from the wonder city.

> Same, should apply, if someone uses a weapon against one of your cities,
> and this weapon should hit all cities in that island.

Biological weapons may work that way, but a bomb would eradicate an area
around it rather than a specific island.

--
Reinier