[Freeciv-Dev] Re: RFC: new implementation of island numbering

To: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: RFC: new implementation of island numbering
From: "Anthony J. Stuckey" <astuckey@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:29:36 -0600

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 02:07:43PM +0100, Davide Pagnin wrote:
> The concept of trade route in civ I and in civ II were flawed and too
> simplistic. Anyway they work.
> By creating a trade route, a caravan will go from its homecity to the
> target city, and create a trade route (bijective***).
>
> The whole point of this system is that both cities get revenue from the
> creation of the route, and the amount depends from the total trade of
> both cities.

        Civ1 trade routes most certainly did not affect both cities.  Only the
originating city got any benefit at all.

        Without data from multiplayer CivII, I don't think we can say which
effects of Civ2 trade routes affected both players.  Both cities get the
ongoing trade points, yes.  Presumably, only the person establishing the
trade route got the automatic gold and research injections, however.