[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Success at last with Sound #15

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Success at last with Sound #15
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:26:49 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > checking for esd-config... /usr/bin/esd-config
> > checking for ESD - version >= 0.0.20... no
> > *** Could not run ESD test program, checking why...
> > *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
> > the
> > *** exact error that occured. This usually means ESD was incorrectly
> > installed
> > *** or that you have moved ESD since it was installed. In the latter case,
> > you
> > *** may want to edit the esd-config script: /usr/bin/esd-config
>
> Per?

This test is taken unchanged from esound itself (the esd.m4 included in
the esound distribution). Now, since you (Raimar) gave him (Raahul) your
aclocal.m4, he quite possibly has an esd.m4 which is newer/older/different
than the one he should/would have if he generated the aclocal.m4 himself,
including the esd.m4 presumably sitting on his own system.

Raahul: Look in "aclocal.m4" and find the version of the esd macro. Try
running "aclocal" and rerunning, then see if this version number changes
or if it works. Peek into your /usr/(local/)share/aclocal directory and
see if you have an esd.m4 file there, and what its version number is.

If you don't have esd.m4 on your system, you didn't install esound-dev (or
whatever the rpm is called), so try doing that. If the version number is
not at fault, Mandrake simply shipped a broken esound package.

> > Odd enough, I see error reminiscent of the CMA about messages being
> > repeated two times. A problem with syncronising to the server Per?

Didn't you just move two settlers in a row?

Yours,
Per

"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men,
for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of
us all." -- John Maynard Keynes