[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound #15

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound #15
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:35:18 -0600

> > >  - we have to decide whether we include the stdsounds wavs in the
> > >  normal CVS tree or in another tree or provide them as tar.gz (we have
> > >  to decide the same (one tar with source and wavs OR one source tar
> > >  and one sound tar) for the distribution of the release. But this
> > >  doesn't have to happen now)
> >
> > My vote is for cvs.

I am against this, the codebase is already huge and now huger since we
copied gtk2 over. AI work, agents, etc are going to make it bigger still.
This is an easy separation. far easier for example than the now defunct vim
separation (and that wasn't so bad).

I would suggest a separate cvs module, but cvs-snapshots should _not_
include them. For the release, we could provide both together and separate
with little problem.