[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound #15

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound #15
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:14:51 +0100

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 05:22:53PM +0100, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> Looks good. Compiles good. Runs good. Sounds good :)
>
> Some comments:
>
> > packhand.c:    create_event(-1, -1, E_TURN_BELL, "ring ring");
>
> How about "Start of turn %d"?

Ok.

> (It is a bit annoying that this messages pops up in the beginning, when it
> is the only message and the message window doesn't need to pop up. But it
> is nothing serious.)
>
> > audio.c:  freelog(LOG_NORMAL, "audio_play_sound('%s', '%s')", tag,
> > alt_tag);
>
> LOG_DEBUG, please.

Ok.

> > stdsounds.spec:f_generic = "stdsounds/guncock.wav"
>
> This sounds a bit ... odd ... early game :-) But this can be improved
> later when we get more sounds / help from some sound people. We can send
> out a call for help in the release announcement, for example...

I just needed something to test the fight sound.

> >  - someone has to update the civ2 soundspec
>
> I'll update this later. Don't wait for me. Can be added to cvs later.

Ok.

> >  - maybe we should consider another extension over ".spec". It is used
> >  by RPM.
>
> We have lots of .spec files already.

Indead. Ok forget this.

> And I don't really see the problem.

(x)emacs. And the spec mode is weird: C-u doesn't work as expected.

> >  - we have to decide whether we include the stdsounds wavs in the
> >  normal CVS tree or in another tree or provide them as tar.gz (we have
> >  to decide the same (one tar with source and wavs OR one source tar
> >  and one sound tar) for the distribution of the release. But this
> >  doesn't have to happen now)
>
> My vote is for cvs.
>
> I've made a new stdsounds.spec and .tar.gz now. It uses more sounds, and

> removes sounds not used:

Why should we want this? Doesn't we be glad about every wav we can
use?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "The very concept of PNP is a lovely dream that simply does not translate to