[Freeciv-Dev] Re: the gettext utils problem, continued (was: Success at

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: the gettext utils problem, continued (was: Success at last with Sound #15)
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:39:55 +0000

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 02:31:13PM +0100, Reinier Post wrote:
> > I would add "this may be found in your distribution's gettext or
> > gettext-devel package" for extra clarity. This message makes no difference
> > for people without packages.
>
> There is no such thing as a 'distribution' if you're not running Linux.

        This is why I said "may be". However, I still think it's sufficiently
clear for an IRIX user to understand that I'm talking about a tardist or
inst package, or for a BSD user to realise that playing with pkg_add(1) may
be necessary. Besides, I think most people would recognise the usual
definition of "distribution" as "that which is distributed" even if they're
not Linux users.

Put "distribution or operating system" if this really worries you. ;)

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"It is quite a three-pipe problem."