[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Success at last with Sound #15

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Success at last with Sound #15
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:50:02 +0100

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 01:07:58AM -0800, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <snip>

> > Please
> > your

> > gettext is 0.10.40, yet the configure script claims it is < 0.10.38. I'd
> > love
> > to know how to check version number of msgfmt, rpm -q msgfmt does not do
> > it.
> > >
> > > I did not have gettext-devel installed. The error message needs to be
> > improved. I had no idea what package msgfmt was hiding in.
> >
> > It clearly stated that you don't have msgfmt >= 0.10.35 installed. I
> > don't see a problem in the msg.
> >

> I do. Perhaps you know that msgfmt is in the gettext-devel package, but I have
> not memorised the listings of where every single file in a package is. I doubt
> anyone else has either. Just adding the line - check your gettext-devel
> version
> would have made things much easier for me. I would not have wasted your time
> and mine in these emails.

We can't assume that msgfmt is contained in a packet
gettext-devel. You know that there are also people outside which
doesn't use packages?!

> > > You still have not properly fixed the script for detecting gettext. It
> > still does not work on Mandrake 8.0.
> >
> > I will create a new one shortly.
> >

> OK. Why does the script not work on Mandrake anyway?

> > You just moved your archer two times in a row.
> >

> Ah. Offtopic, but the combat sound of ancient units does not make any sense.
> The sound of gunfire when pikemen battles catapault just doesn't feel right.

I just needed a sound to test the fighting. Is one of the sounds in
stdsounds better suited? Can you provide a better one? IMHO there has
to be a sound for this.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Are you saying that you actually used the Classpath Java AWT classes in