[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Success at last with Sound #15

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Success at last with Sound #15
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 01:07:58 -0800 (PST)

--- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>

> Please
> your
> > >
> > > What is the output of
> > >   msgfmt --version
> > > ?

> gettext is 0.10.40, yet the configure script claims it is < 0.10.38. I'd love
> to know how to check version number of msgfmt, rpm -q msgfmt does not do it.
> >
> > I did not have gettext-devel installed. The error message needs to be
> improved. I had no idea what package msgfmt was hiding in.
>
> It clearly stated that you don't have msgfmt >= 0.10.35 installed. I
> don't see a problem in the msg.

I do. Perhaps you know that msgfmt is in the gettext-devel package, but I have
not memorised the listings of where every single file in a package is. I doubt
anyone else has either. Just adding the line - check your gettext-devel version
would have made things much easier for me. I would not have wasted your time
and mine in these emails.

> > You still have not properly fixed the script for detecting gettext. It
> still does not work on Mandrake 8.0.
>
> I will create a new one shortly.

OK. Why does the script not work on Mandrake anyway?

> You just moved your archer two times in a row.

Ah. Offtopic, but the combat sound of ancient units does not make any sense.
The sound of gunfire when pikemen battles catapault just doesn't feel right.
Not enough sounds?

X windows:
        The ultimate bottleneck.
        Flawed beyond belief.
        The only thing you have to fear.
        Somewhere between chaos and insanity.
        On autopilot to oblivion.
        The joke that kills.
        A disgrace you can be proud of.
        A mistake carried out to perfection.
        Belongs more to the problem set than the solution set.
        To err is X windows.
        Ignorance is our most important resource.
        Complex nonsolutions to simple nonproblems.
        Built to fall apart.
        Nullifying centuries of progress.
        Falling to new depths of inefficiency.
        The last thing you need.