[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound #15

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sound #15
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:41:58 +0100

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 11:35:18AM -0600, Mike Kaufman wrote:

> > > My vote is for cvs.
>
> I am against this, the codebase is already huge and now huger since we
> copied gtk2 over. AI work, agents, etc are going to make it bigger still.

> This is an easy separation.

Ack.

> far easier for example than the

> now defunct vim separation (and that wasn't so bad).

???

> I would suggest a separate cvs module, but cvs-snapshots should _not_
> include them. For the release, we could provide both together and separate
> with little problem.

If we don't include the sounds in the normal CVS tree I don't see much
in using a seperate CVS tree. You can't make diffs anyway. Just number
the sound tars, archive the last n versions (shouldn't change this
much) and put them in a easy to find place if ftp.freeciv.org.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Of course, someone who knows more about this will correct me if I'm