[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch][RFC] AI can fly

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch][RFC] AI can fly
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 13:08:18 -0600

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 06:11:07PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> In general, I am toying with the idea to have an infoset for AI, an advice
> database of sorts, which would contain info like:
> 1. what to build to protect from unit_type1
> 2. what to build to attack a city defended by unittype2
> 3. what research to go for in such and such situation
> etc

        1 and 2 can be generated from basic simulation of unit vs unit.

        3 is quite different, and I'm not sure there's a really good
answer.  Unless you're wondering how to more seriously secure a
plurality/majority of land area/production, etc, and thus secure a win,
individual action is probably only part of the solution.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."