[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch][RFC] AI can fly

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch][RFC] AI can fly
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 15:55:55 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> Bad. Airports and ports are very expensive to upkeep. If the AI should start
> building them everywhere it's going to run out of cash. Some sort of revenue
> count thing should be done so we don't keep building improvements if we are
> running a deficit.

Suggestion: How about only building airports in cities that are not near
water? This would limit it somewhat, and it wouldn't get in conflict with
ship building.

> > +**************************************************************************/
> > +int find_nearest_airbase(int x, int y, struct unit *punit, int *xref, int
> > *yref)
> > +{
> > +  struct player *pplayer = unit_owner(punit);
>
> Greg, you might want to consider using allied cities.

Definitely. That is an enormous advantage.

> >  req2     = "Theory of Gravity"
> > -flags    = "Trade_Revenue_Reduce"
> > +flags    = "Trade_Revenue_Reduce","Build_Airborne"
> >

> New flag. I don't understand the ruleset and server parsing stuff, so I'll
> trust you. Clearly this must have been necessary.

Does this affect human players in any way? If not, then please explain
that a bit more forcefully in the ruleset (ie "this is ONLY used by the
AI"). If it does, please explain how.

Yours,
Per

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli