[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch 4: ai passive diplomacy + alliances fixes + new

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch 4: ai passive diplomacy + alliances fixes + new difficulty level (PR#1277)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 15:40:15 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> OK, send in the teams patch instead.

I've sent one earlier, and I am working on an improved one now, which can
use teams without editing any rulesets. Not done yet with that one.

> > You are to break off the current iteration if you are looking for enemies,
> > and the player currently considered is not an enemy. The code I made is
> > functionally identical to the code removed, because pplay will never be
> > NULL, which is the only case where the new test is not identical to the
> > old.
> >

> What did the old code do when pplay was null?

pplay is never NULL. pplayer can be NULL. If pplayer is NULL, then both
new and old code will fail the test and continue (ie _not_ "continue;").

Yours,
Per

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli