[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch][RFC] AI can fly

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch][RFC] AI can fly
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 15:28:28 +0100

Dear diary, on Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 06:10:42AM CET, I got a letter,
where Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> > In general, I am toying with the idea to have an infoset for AI, an advice
> > database of sorts, which would contain info like:
> > 1. what to build to protect from unit_type1
> > 2. what to build to attack a city defended by unittype2
> > 3. what research to go for in such and such situation
>
> I've been toying with the reserach idea. It can be split into a few sections

This we already have. We're increasing the desire to research certain tech
everytime when we think it would be cool to have some unit/building which
requires this tech.

> Wonders(techs needed for wonders)
>
> Sort the wonders we want. Drop useless wonders like Marco Polo or UN, rate
> highly the good wonders.

Huh.. useless? Oh well..

> This might be invariant. Only a few wonders become pointless in certain
> situations i.e Great library becomes less and less valuable with few players,
> becomes 0 with 2 players, very little with 3.

See advdomestic.c:ai_eval_buildings().

      if (id == B_GREAT) {
        values[id] =
            (total_bulbs_required(pplayer) * (100 - game.freecost)) * t *
            (game.nplayers - 2) / (game.nplayers * 100);
      }

for your Great Library. All wonders and buildings are considered there.
Techdesires for security buildings are maybe also modified in
advmilitary.c:assess_danger().

> Military - this is obvious. The quickest path to mech inf and riflemen, the
> quickest path to howitzer and stealth bombers and tanks.

See each fourth function in aiunit.c and advmilitary.c ;)).

> Production - Sanitation, aqueduct

advdomestic.c

> Transport - railroad.

Ok. To be honest, I've no idea how/where this is considered.

> Overwhelming science lead - philosophy, republic, railroad, the wonder Darwins
> Voyage, all the science wonders.

Ad wonders, advdomestic.c - for the rest, we rate high techs giving us many
other techs available.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

* elinks maintainer                * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
.
"If you have acquired knowledge, what do you lack?
    If you lack knowledge, what have you acquired?"
Lev. R. 1:6
.