[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch][RFC] AI can fly

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch][RFC] AI can fly
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 07:15:55 -0800 (PST)

--- "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > Bad. Airports and ports are very expensive to upkeep. If the AI should
> start
> > building them everywhere it's going to run out of cash. Some sort of
> revenue
> > count thing should be done so we don't keep building improvements if we are
> > running a deficit.
>
> Suggestion: How about only building airports in cities that are not near
> water? This would limit it somewhat, and it wouldn't get in conflict with
> ship building.

Hmm, interesting. I think the AI needs only a few cities with airports and
factories to produce all the planes, coupled with aircraft carriers to get them
to their destination.

In fact this model could be applied to barracks as well. Have a few cities
producing settlers, and other non-mil units while your highest shield producing
cities churn out units.

> +**************************************************************************/
> > > +int find_nearest_airbase(int x, int y, struct unit *punit, int *xref,
> int
> > > *yref)
> > > +{
> > > +  struct player *pplayer = unit_owner(punit);
> >
> > Greg, you might want to consider using allied cities.
>
> Definitely. That is an enormous advantage.
>
> > >  req2     = "Theory of Gravity"
> > > -flags    = "Trade_Revenue_Reduce"
> > > +flags    = "Trade_Revenue_Reduce","Build_Airborne"
> > >

> > New flag. I don't understand the ruleset and server parsing stuff, so I'll
> > trust you. Clearly this must have been necessary.
>
> Does this affect human players in any way? If not, then please explain
> that a bit more forcefully in the ruleset (ie "this is ONLY used by the
> AI"). If it does, please explain how.

It is only used by the AI. I didn't see anything in Greg's patch touching
anything else.

Aloha,
Raahul.

As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error. -Weisert