[Freeciv-Dev] [Patch][RFC] AI can fly

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [Patch][RFC] AI can fly
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 20:23:05 +0000 (GMT)

Here is a patch that enables AI to control and to build flying units.

Major defeciency: it only considers victims within 1-move reach of the
unit.  So units don't go to another island if there is big fighting there.
I'm still thinking what is the fastest way to implement it...

Other deficiencies: AI build selection is stupid but I had to follow it so
it wouldn't build bombers over every other possible unit.  Also AI would
always build barracks before building any attacking units and I did the
same for air units.  As a consequence AI very rarely actually gets to
building flying stuff.

Please test and tell me your idea on how bombers _should_ function.

G.