[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog
From: aliaga <aliaga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:54:54 +0100

At 28-02-02 22:17 +0100, you wrote:
I don't know about Korea, but Poland and Lithuania were once the largest
nations in Europe.

You have to be very careful when talking about individual nations.
That's why I dislike the grouping idea, too.

I remember there's always been the talk of how to cope with that many nations to choose, so the same answers keep popping up...

That leaves 'England', 'Great-Britain', 'Russia' and 'Soviet Union'.
With 'China' and 'India' if we go by population.

For me, the more nations the merrier, and to group them is just
begging for trouble.

True. Just begging for trouble, why not group them along the lines of "militaristic", "enlightened", "more populated", "fringe powers"... and the like? Or even let every player have their client configured to group the tribes at their convenience, only constrained to send their choice of tribe to the server?

My 0.01E