[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog
From: aliaga <aliaga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:20:50 +0100

At 01-03-02 00:57 -0800, you wrote:
--- aliaga <aliaga@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I once saw a beautiful modpack for Civ2 featuring Dinos against Mammalians,

Interesting. What was the tech tree, and units? I assume cities were changed to
nests.

Yes, things like that, very beautifully rendered, quite gameplay-balanced and thought-challenging work. I think I still have it stored somewhere, and perhaps it's still downloadable from the Net.

My main suggestion regarding that and other things said in this thread: the tech tree and unit flags should be made as configurable as possible, as extensive (or limited) as manageable, to be able to get all these neat ideas into the game, be either as modpacks or whatever. Just about the only bad thing about this would be that, being unable to play in the same game as players who preferred other rules, the freecivers would split into many subgroups, that then could grow and evolve separately, possibly bringing about new wildly diverging versions of the game, thus achieving greater mindshare than others, and that way attempting world domination! Errr... quite... :-)

Later,