[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog

To: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog
From: aliaga <aliaga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:48:55 +0100

At 28-02-02 17:38 -0400, you wrote:
Evidently I am not the only one to have wanted to go back before such
technologies as Language and Culture. The globbing of too many techs into
the one unit Settlers militates against that. Too many assumptions are
being made arbitrarily in the way that unit is put together.

I once saw a beautiful modpack for Civ2 featuring Dinos against Mammalians, and another on Procaryots versus Eucaryots! These changed heavily everything in the default rules. Very interesting what could be achieved...

I always heard it was the Arabs who came up with the Zero. Are you perhaps
thinking of Moors?

Of course, in the great spanish-roman city of Toletum, where all those great thinkers labored in common for ages regardless of politics and religion, while the rest of Europe still pondered on the convenience of washing their hands before eating with their fingers...

Cheers