[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: tile markers

To: Teemu Kurppa <tkurppa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: tile markers
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 13:07:32 +0100

Dear diary, on Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 01:05:10PM CET, I got a letter, where Teemu
Kurppa <tkurppa@xxxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> "Per I. Mathisen" wrote:
> > However, the best solution is to have two different markers: One that is
> > only visible to you, one that is shared between allies (one ally sets
> > marker 5 at a spot, all his allies get the same marker on the same spot).
> > For example CTRL-F1 thru F12 can be used for private markers and SHIFT-F1
> > thru F12 can be used for allied markers.
>
> 12 markers for private markers is a way too less. But of course we can think
> that there's only 12+12 numbered markers and the rest are unnumbered.
Why unnumbered? Just not accessible thru hotkeys. You can still refer to them
by numbers in order to be able to talk with others about them.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/