[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: tile markers

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Teemu Kurppa <tkurppa@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: tile markers
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 15:23:09 +0100

Dear diary, on Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 02:18:58PM CET, I got a letter, where
Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 02:12:45PM +0200, Teemu Kurppa wrote:
> > Raimar Falke wrote:

> > > Use attributes. (client/attribute)
> >
> > I tried to understand them.  Strange, but it seems that they are not used
> > anywhere ?  Could someone shortly describe, for what purpose they are and
> > how should I use them, or where in the code to find example of their real
> > usage.
>
> They are created by me for the (partly programmed but not included) agents.
> Search for TEST_ATTRIBUTES for a short example. Ask if you have any
> questions. Attributes can be used for markers. The remaining question is how
> to implement shared markers. Since the server doesn't have to know about them
> I would propose a function which allows a client to send a piece of data
> (uninterpreted by the server) to another client.
Server have to save them and resend them along with the map if the client gets
disconnected.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/