[Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv 1.12.1 spec?

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv 1.12.1 spec?
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 22:09:05 -0500

At 05:47 PM 01/12/05 +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 07:36:25AM -0600, Mike Kaufman wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 05:02:24AM -0800, Raahul Kumar wrote:
>> > One nice feature I would like to see in the code is AI cleanups.
>>
>> I thought about this one before I wrote my list. I agree that we need
>> the cleanups. I just think that the goal to "cleanup the AI" is
>> nebulous. When do you say that [not] enough cleanup has been done to
release?

>Ack. Especially since the AI cleanup isn't visible to the user.

I'm not so sure about that one ... I seem to remember complaints about
the founding habits of settlers, i.e. cuddling in-between existing cities.

There were a couple other complaints about behaviours with 5 line fixes.

Tightening up the keep a "defender in city" code is just finishing the
current poorly implemented attempts to do the same thing that have been
frozen for the last 3 years.

Return to heal, vs find the nearest target to suicide against is not
that much code either.

Some of the warmap fixes in addition to being cleaner and more robust,
might also provide opportunity to fix trireme stuff, or add air_power
in a serious way.

>       Raimar
>
>--
> email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>  This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for extra security.

Cheers,
RossW
=====