[Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv 1.12.1 spec?

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv 1.12.1 spec?
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:46:15 -0600

All this talk about 2.0 has made me think that we ought to release a
1.12.1.

I propose that we set some specific goals that then release a new
version when we've met them. My preliminary proposal is:

******
map topology: I should be able to play wrap_x, wrap_y, flat, or
bicylindrically (Jason,Ross,Gaute?)

map generation: it should play nice with the above and perhap generate
more realistically. (I know Ross has some code relating to this, others)

CMA: This should probably go in. (Raimar or whoever will do it)

Sound: why not? It seems we have some people already working on it. We
should make it a goal.

newcitydialog: taken care of (though I have a couple of tweaks I might do
over break)

Watchtowers: done

Win32 native: almost done?

any other nice new features that I've forgotten about since 1.12.0: done

switch to trident tileset by default: I think that there was a general
consensus on this, and it won't be that hard to do.
*******

I think that these are easily reachable (with the possible exception of
sound...), we just need consensus.

This is not to say that if somebody comes up with a diplomatic AI that
we shouldn't include it, but I think that we should work toward this
list of stuff and release a 1.12.1 when we get it done (and if it
includes better, cleaner AI, or a new hires tileset, then more power to
us).

Ok, thoughts, (contructive) criticism, etc? What should change on this
list? Is it realistic to think about a 1.12.1? blah,blah

-mike