[Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv2 kernel,modules and rulesets

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv2 kernel,modules and rulesets
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 04:04:28 +0100

> You're not thinking this through.  You are reinventing the C++ class.
> You'll be reinventing the rest of it (inheritance, polymorphism) before
> you finish your example.
Obviously, and I get only those features I really want, I can see clear
how it's done in reality and possibly tune it, I can see how exactly is
it optimized and if the resulting code isn't bloated. In fact, I'm taking
the examples from kernel. If you ever had a look at fs code, this is exactly
the way it works (not only fs code obviously, basically most of the whole
kernel). Why aren't they using C++ and they are reinventing it?

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/