[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic states patch

To: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic states patch
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 01:32:33 +0200

On 2000-06-06 18:28:41, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 05:51:33PM +0200, Daniel Sjolie wrote:
> > >
> > > It's a feature, not a bug.
> >
> > He didn't say it was a bug - just that he didn't like it...
> >
> > > This way single player game is interesting much longer.
> >
> > But You can't win by diplomacy...
>
> Saying this you tell us that you have never played Colonization(TM) :-)

I have...
Too long ago for me to remeber the diplomacy though...

> Anyway, you can win by diplomacy, you simply kill one AI after another.
> If you are biggest, only united, they can beat you.

Umm...
I suspect You misunderstood me?
I meant that if everyone automatically hates You when
You're winning You can't win by making them love You... :)
(like - get them to vote for You as world leader)

Sure, there is no way to win like that now at all but I
would like it to be possible in the future and making this
non-optional would be a step in the wrong direction...

> > I think it should be made an option...
> > Possibly linked to difficulty level...
>
> Option to turn diplomacy 100% off, please ...

Ok by me...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)