[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic states patch

To: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv dev list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic states patch
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:59:29 -0500

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 01:58:54PM +0200, Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
> IIRC, in payciv you did not need an embassy to have a meeting. I think it
> should either be made that way, inclusive a free first meeting, or kept
> the way it is now.

        There were three ways to enter the diplomatic dialogs:

        1) initial meeting of any kind of unit anywhere.
        2) Diplomat adjacent to a city chooses "Meet with King".
        3) Embassy -> Meet button.

        So no, you didn't *have* to have an embassy to meet.  But it was
not a free action you could take just for fun.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."