Re: [[Freeciv-Dev] Babarians]

To: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [[Freeciv-Dev] Babarians]
From: Stephen Hodge <stephenh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 11:37:59 +1100

Tony Stuckey wrote:
>         More units are created by PayCiv.  3-4 units on boats, which can be
> triremes or sailboats.  One unit is generally or always a diplomat.  This
> unit will be bodyguarded by a military unit as much as possible.  Capturing
> this diplomat (attacking it alone, while unguarded) gives you a reward of
> 100 gold pieces.  The boat generally disappears after discharging crew.
> I don't think I've ever followed it closely with a ship of my own.
> Barbarian units in general will dissipate after ~10 turns if they are not
> in any visible map section, or are quite far from a city.

Using the cheat mode indicates that the boats can start quite a long way
from land, and disappear shortly after discharging their passengers.

> > - From a hut (probability 1/12).
>
>         Huts can create a *LOT* of barbarians, of quite sophisticated
> military types.  Initially, it's 3-4 warriors/Phalanx/Legions, but I think
> I've seen all the way up to Knights before.  At later stages, up to 6-7
> barbarian units can be created.  They get quite numerous.

I often see 1 unit (usually a horseman) at the start of the game. The
numbers quickly increase, and I have seen riflemen, cannon and partisans (I
think).

Regards,
Steve Hodge