Re: [[Freeciv-Dev] Babarians]

To: Claus Leth Gregersen <leth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [[Freeciv-Dev] Babarians]
From: Brent Nelson <nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:06:40 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Claus Leth Gregersen wrote:

> What about this:
> - Allow barbarians to transform all workers to taxmen no matter how big the
> city is.
> - Sell 1 building every turn.
> - Buy aggressive unit as often as possible
> - attack the closest thing in sight

Great idea.  A definite improvement on mine.  Perhaps on the hard AI
modes, the barbarians should get an instant bonus of money/men when
they take a city to give them the opportunity to continue the plunder.

> I don't think barbarians should spare explorers.

I would let explorers pass.  There isn't any plunder or threat from
explorers, so why would barbarians care?

> I got the feeling when i played original CIV that there wasn't many/any
> barbarians in goodie huts
> the first many turns.
> And late in the game i found barbarians at a very high probability rate, and
> almost/never any tech?
>
> Maybe the probability of the barbarians/tech varies over time?
> I never seen this documented anywhere though..

When is the contents of a hut determined?  Is at map generation, when
the hut is explored, or when it is taken.  I think in Civ I it was
when it was explored.  I remember trying to get better stuff out of
huts by loading saved games (read: cheat).  I don't think it would
work if I had already explored the hut (always the same thing).  If I
had not explored it yet, I could get something different out of it.

--brent nelson