Re: [[Freeciv-Dev] Babarians]

To: "F.Schaefer" <fransch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [[Freeciv-Dev] Babarians]
From: Brent Nelson <nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:09:54 -0700 (MST)

Didn't civ have a couple different types of barbarians that acted
differently (depending if they came from the sea or inland).  I think
the inland ones were more peaceful.

My idea:

Since barbarians are mostly interested in pillaging and such, I think
it would be cool if when they take a city, they don't keep it.
Instead production gets set to 0 (they steal it), food gets set to 0
(they steal it), and population gets reduced severly.  The barbarians
would get a whole bunch of new units (as the plunder) and would move
on to try to attack another city.  They wouldn't attack this one again
for 10 or more turns.

Think of Viking raids on England and Europe.  They weren't interested
in conquest, they just wanted to rape and pillage.

--brent nelson