Re: [[Freeciv-Dev] Babarians]

To: Brent Nelson <nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "F.Schaefer" <fransch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [[Freeciv-Dev] Babarians]
From: Stephen Hodge <stephenh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:55:01 +1100

Brent Nelson wrote:
> Didn't civ have a couple different types of barbarians that acted
> differently (depending if they came from the sea or inland).  I think
> the inland ones were more peaceful.

No. The inland ones (eg guerilla uprising) destroy cities and that's it. The
barbarians which landed from boats will take cities and hold them. I'm not
sure as to whether or not they build units but they don't get technology
advances which makes them weak. They also are very cheap to buy out. It
would be interesting (at least IMO) if barbarians did get technologies and
got tougher.

Regards,
Steve Hodge